<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Bluebird Bluebird....

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Bluebird Bluebird....





A few months ago I fell in love with this incredible 1950’s wiggle dress, it would hang taunting me on the racks at Bluebird vintage and each time I would visit it would still be there begging me to take it home, I am pretty sure I tried it on each time too and begrudgingly put it back on the hanger thinking of ways I could muster the funds to bring it home before someone other lucky lady snapped it up.

One thing I can say about my love is that he is the most thoughtful man I have ever met, upon finding out about my dress crush he did what every woman dreams her man would do and surprised me one afternoon after swing dancing practice, I literally walked in the door like a sweaty mess and there it was hanging in the doorway…I am pretty sure I almost knocked him out with a flying hug and was on a natural high for the rest of the day! I truly am the luckiest lady.

So now I have all the plans and more for this little dress, it was already a favourite before it came to be mine but because my incredibly wonderful man gave it to me it will always hold a special place in my heart!

(Wearing: 1950's blue wiggle dress, vintage shoes, op shopped purse & 1950's headpiece)

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

Your impeccable style and, even moreso, amazing hairstyling skills never cease to amaze. And such a sweet story behind a lovely dress!

November 16, 2014 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger SANNE said...

What a lovely, lovely dress, and such beautiful hair. :)

November 17, 2014 at 2:05 AM  
Anonymous Bookworm said...

What an amazing and romantic story! And the dress is stunning - you look really good in it!

November 17, 2014 at 3:48 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

this dress is an absolute beauty and it fits you like a glove! as beautifule as the dress is the story how it made it into your closet. so romatic.

November 18, 2014 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Thank you so much, its definitely a favourite now :) xx

November 18, 2014 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that lovely story must make this dress even more magical! it looks great on you, and i love the colour.

November 21, 2014 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you.
Bulk sms in Bhubaneswar

November 22, 2014 at 1:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ally, you look lovely, and it sounds like you have a gorgeous fellow in your life. I'm so happy for you!
Steph x

November 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM  
Blogger Porcelina said...

Incredibly pretty Ally! x

November 29, 2014 at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home