<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Book Review: Art Deco Hair

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Monday, July 7, 2014

Book Review: Art Deco Hair








Inside my small apartment I have hoards of vintage hairstyling books and manuals, all of course claiming to be authentic to the era, the majority of them I have looked at once, thought ‘oh yeah, so easy’ put the book down, made a cup of coffee, settled in front of the mirror and attempted the style multiple times only to end up hurling my comb across the floor in defiance loudly stating ‘what a load of nonsense’

So when i found this Art Deco Hair book by Daniela Turudich tucked away on the shelves of my local bookshop I swear to you time may have stopped for a while, I sat in that book shop trawling over the pages and muttering to myself like an absolutely loony! And so I determined it simply had to come home with me.

Like all the books claiming to be era authentic this book actually is, it provides the history and methods behind each style and puts it in terms that anyone can understand! I nailed a 30’s soft finger wave first try (I may or may not have washed my hair for a few days just to keep the style, I was so happy with it..TMI? haha)

So i thought i would share a few pages out of the book and these don’t even do it justice (it is 320 pages long) I have been told also that it is a little difficult to find this book loitering around a bookshop so if you see it online jump on it!

I simply can’t begin to express my love for this book and so all I can say is if you are a 20’s – 30’s hair enthusiast…buy it!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I love the look of 1920s hairstyles, but my favorites are so difficult to master. I've been working on finger waving for a while now, but the best I can do still involves using hair pins as a cheat. Some day, though, some day! Maybe with the help of this book.
Cheers~
Jessica, cakesandcakesvintage.blogspot.com

July 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Cherry Cris said...

loved, this hairstyle is a luxury.
Loved your blog following :)
kisses
http://pinagirlscris.blogspot.com.br/

July 9, 2014 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger . said...

I love hairstyles from the twenties,I wish I could do them myself! xx
fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

December 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home