<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Blue Moon...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Monday, March 4, 2013

Blue Moon...

 photo _MG_9640-1_zps989c711a.jpg

 photo _MG_9638-1_zpsfc62f05b.jpg

 photo _MG_9636-1_zpsad336f0e.jpg

 photo _MG_9645_zps43ccf8da.jpg

 photo _MG_9674_zps0584f750.jpg
I hope you are all refreshed and rested after the long weekend! I don’t think I have ever been so sloth like in my life! Its so nice to have a few days free to do the things you always wish you had more time for!

A few weeks ago i went to the Polkadot Vintage night markets which was located right on the beach and trawled through racks of amazing vintage! It was packed full of people eating homemade cupcakes and chasing cheeky children through the crowd but i love the smells and sounds of events like this, makes you almost feel like your on holiday..almost!

Because it was a little crowded it was a little difficult to really get stuck in properly and sift around (good thing i can dodge elbows) although most of the dresses were altered 80's polyester i managed to find a few gems, i also think because i am trying to be more aware of the fabric's i am buying i'm getting super picky! (Not that there is a problem with that! just makes the pool of available clothing a little smaller).

In the end this adorable vintage dress came home with me! I'd have to say i was pretty chuffed! I didn’t even try it on and it fits like a glove. I love the print and i was so glad it just needed a little fix up stitch here and there.

I can't wait to share with you what i got up to this weekend so ill put up a little Instagram post this week! Hope your weekend was super swell too Xx

P.S - I wanted to say a very big thank you for all your kind words and support for my last post, i had a heart filled with joy after reading all your comments! Thank You xx

(I'm wearing: Vintage dress, Vintage belt, Hobbs Heels, Vintage Bag, Antique Watch)
(Boots is wearing: Pollen and floor fluff)

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Ladies in Navy said...

gorgeous dress! you look so lovely
kw ladies in navy

March 4, 2013 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

THe collar on the dress is so sweet and your hair looks gorgeous.

March 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM  
Anonymous Beth Muir said...

"although most of the dresses were altered 80's polyester"

Alas, the market is flooded with 80s Poly! Although I do stock a fair bit of it myself (mostly unaltered, but its what some of the 'new to vintage' shoppers want!) I am SOOO fussy when it comes to what I wear myself. Cotton all the way in summer. And I'm super fond of silk. I'll overlook a bit of polyester if the item is cute enough (Red polka dot 80s skirt?) or old enough (super fluttery 70s floral dress!) In modern items I've unconsciously boycotting everything man-made in fibers. Except shoes- I love my Melissa jellies.

That is a supercute dress, which stall did you buy it at? Also wish I could see the front of your bag!

:)

March 5, 2013 at 2:23 AM  
Blogger Louise Mc said...

That's a beautiful summery dress

March 5, 2013 at 3:47 AM  
Blogger SR said...

So gorgeous! It's lovely!
http://pineapple-ish.blogspot.com.au/

March 5, 2013 at 5:45 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

What a gorgeous dress. I love it!

Becky
xx

March 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Your so right! there is a pretty large market for it at the moment! Makes finding the good stuff all the more fun though right? :) ohhhh i love your shop you always have so many amazing pieces! i need to come and visit again next weekend! Ill be taking you up on that tea offer ;) xxxx

March 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Thank you :) xx

March 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Zoë Winters said...

Oh! You are toooooo cute! ♡ I adore that dress! Beautiful! :)
Zoë x

March 6, 2013 at 4:20 AM  
Blogger Ani Barrington said...

That dress really does fit you perfectly!

March 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the pattern on the dress - and pairing it with the red belt is just perfect! :)

March 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love when a vintage find fits perfectly without any alterations! This dress looks perfect on you and is such a pretty color too. The red belt is great paired with it.

March 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home