<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Jewels

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Jewels

Along with my vintage dress collection i am slowly starting to accumulate a collection of vintage jewellery, ill admit i am not a huge earring wearer or rings for that matter but i always usually have a cute necklace or brooch on!

My grandmother is a jewellery collector she loves finding vintage pieces at swap meets and op shops (yes this is where i learned my op shopping skills) every time i visit we sit down and she shows me a few new pieces she found, she even carries them around in her purse just in case she needs to pull out her bag of jewellery and show someone! I usually leave her house with a belly full of tea and cheese toasties and a new brooch to add to my jewellery box.

I thought i would share with you some of my favourite pieces, i have so many choosing a few to show you was a little tough!

Photobucket

Photobucket
The ring was a gift from my grandmother it is only fake stones but i love the design, its one of the few rings i wear aside from my everyday Aquamarine ring gifted from my man. The wind up watch i purchased from an Antique shop, the owner didn't originally want to sell it to me as i think he thought i wouldn't take care of it or appreciate it, i left deflated and then returned the next day and demanded i
 have it!
  Photobucket
This adorable seahorse brooch i found while op shopping, he was sitting in a dirty cabinet looking so lonesome! it was love at first sight!
Photobucket
These earrings were a gift which i originally didn't think i would wear as they have
wind up backs, up after getting used to them i really like the fact you can loosen and tighten
them as you please! and plus how can you not love marcasite!
Photobucket
This gold leaf necklace was an ebay purchase a year or so ago, it has a very high neckline so its perfect for all my vintage dresses it has so much movement to it which is perfect because i hate feeling restricted.
Photobucket
Another gift from my grandmother, i gasped when i saw it and practically begged her to have it! it is so cute on a colourful sweater!
Photobucket
And last but not least another necklace i found while op shopping, i have a few faux stone necklaces but none quite as fragile and adorable as this one, its a sometimes piece
1) because it usually catches my hair in the stones and rips it out & 2) because im too worried ill eventually loose a few stones or it will drop off my neck as the clasp is not holding up too well! all the same i love it.

I hope you liked taking a peek at a few of my fav pieces, if you have done a jewellery post in the past id love for you to post me a link in the comments so i can have a looksie!
(P.S -Apologies for the yellowish tinge to the photos that will teach me to photograph at sunset)
XX

5 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Looovee<3

Eccentric Daydream

April 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

I adore vintage jewelry and just like your grandma can't stop buying it! I enjoyed seeing a glimpse into your jewelry box, I particularly like the sea horse brooch and the watch.

April 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Butch said...

I'm in love with the sea horse!

Jade

April 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM  
Anonymous Australian Fashion Review Blog - Gems said...

I love all those pieces, especially the seahorse brooch - I seriously want to go out a-thrifting now :)

Gems x

Australian Fashion Review Blog

April 23, 2012 at 5:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think the yellow from the sunset is actually quite nice in your photos - as are the pretty pretty jewels! :)

April 25, 2012 at 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home