<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Heirlooms...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Heirlooms...

I wanted to show you a few snaps of the newest love in my life!! i was given a box of treasures from my Aunty not that long ago and with it was this vintage Brownie camera.. it was my great grandfathers and as i dont have many heirlooms passed on to me yet ( i do have an amazing vintage embroided hand mirror which i treasure so much) its nice to have a bit of family history in my hands..i have such an undying obsession with old nick nacks i always wonder who had it before me, and in this case i wonder how many photos were taken and of what and who!!!!! and how different the world was back then...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Brownie camera is held just in front of you and there is a viewfinder that reflects what you can see in front of you its so quirky and amazing!! (A little hard to describe, sorry if it sounded like mumbo jumbo) it was manufactured in 1915 so this little camera has seen alot in its day... although i am sure i cant use it anymore if there is anyone who has tried it with film please tell me how it went..
From stories i have heard my great grandfather was a pretty amazing man so im proud to have just a little something to know him by..even if i have never met him.

XX Ill be back tomorrow with an outfit post

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Such a cool family heirloom! I have a collection of vintage jewelry from my grandmother that I just love. I know there are a lot of people who collect and use vintage cameras. I think they take a special type of film that you might be able to get online, but you should definitely look into it!

March 24, 2011 at 12:35 AM  
Blogger soph // and other things said...

What a treasure! I love the whole 'untold stories' aspect of antique and vintage items such as these.

March 24, 2011 at 12:47 AM  
Blogger Hannah, Lost in wishful thinking said...

so so lovely!

March 24, 2011 at 12:53 AM  
Blogger Jenelle Witty said...

I have a box brownie too, my Nana gave it to me, it had belonged to her family. I have had it for about 15 years and never tried it out. This one is a 2A model C so it is taller, I think. Very cool to have handed down!

March 24, 2011 at 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks lovely :) I've been very lazy at using my brownies. I really ought to take the working one out for a spin some time :D

I had a quick look and you can download the free manual here Awesomness.

March 24, 2011 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home