<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Diner Love...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Diner Love...

Im going to admit i have a mild obsession with images of the 1950's & 60's diners so much so i have a little folder on my computer filled with pictures.. I get such a feeling of happiness when i look at them, Cute girls sitting with dapper men sipping on sodas and dancing to the jukebox seems they havent got a care in the world..then this happiness is mixed with sadness that we dont have cute little diners to go get a milkshake at any more...now im not saying that any of you dont have awesome places to go.. but here in little ol Perth im yet to find something even close...you know what..just to find a place that will give you the silver cup with the remaining milkshake in it is hard enough to find haha..
Some of these photos are also by one of my favourite Photographers H.Armstrong Roberts his images are truly amazing..you simply must look him up!!!..Hmm looking at these has also given me a little motivation to get out and find somewhere this weekend...im on the hunt for the perfect Milkshake..
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
If any of you are wondering the trip to Melbourne was great, super cold and too short but i came home in one piece and totally loaded up with tons and tons of vintage items i found...so excited to get them into the shop..(but ill go into more detail about that next week)
Happy Friday Lovelies XX
(Images are from Life, Corbis & H.Armstrong Roberts)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Ally! I've been following your blog for a while now and this is my first comment. I share your love of vintage diners, snack bars, malt shops, and jukeboxes. When I was a teenager in the 1960s I frequented a hangout in Central Pennsylvania USA called the Shady Dell. For the last two-and-a-half years I have been blogging about my experiences at the Dell and featuring the songs that played on the jukebox and kept thousands of young people dancing. I think you might enjoy my blog and that's why I am extending an invitation to you to visit and follow it. Please come join our growing circle of friends from around the world. Thank you, Ally!

March 3, 2011 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Carys said...

I love diners so much!! It must have been so nice to go to the diner all the time with your friends! These pictures are so nice, thanks for sharing!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

March 4, 2011 at 12:30 AM  
Blogger Lexy Mademyday said...

Can't wait to see what you found during your trip!;)

March 4, 2011 at 1:06 AM  
Blogger soph // and other things said...

ahh that first picture is so cute. The other day I found a retro looking diner near where I live and got so excited. I haven't been inside yet because it's always closed when I go by (I think the owners are pretty lax when it comes to opening hours haha). Good luck with your hunt!

March 7, 2011 at 12:45 AM  
Blogger Lea said...

Love pictures like this. Love the era. I'm nostalgic for a time I was never even part of. It's so silly sometimes.

March 8, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home