<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Brighter Side Of The Road...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Brighter Side Of The Road...

I had the morning free yesterday so i ventured away (for a few min) from my usual limestone wall and went out into the world to take a few snaps, as i use a tripod i usually shy away from public photo taking unless i find a quiet nook somewhere so thank goodness the street was quiet and everyone was at work!! then i went back to my usual spot haha what can i say until i find someone to take them for me it may just have to do...
Photobucket

Photobucket
I have been having a pretty busy week with the shop and ive got a meeting set up for next week to start looking into doing a lookbook!!! im so super excited its something ive always wanted to do...im thinking classic vintage styling with some extra chic surprises i cant wait to show you some ideas.. i love that i can throw myself into design and styling now as im using my own pieces its a pretty exciting time!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Im sure everyone has heard the sad news about Elizabeth Taylor...i was in total shock!! she was such an amazing icon and im so sad she is gone, although she left a pretty amazing legacy..she was one of the original bombshells and will be sadly missed (by me anyway)
Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm thinking i might re-vamp my office today, and take a few snaps so you can all see!! its a cute little place to spend my days so im excited to share it with you...our house is so small though its hard to go crazy and start painting or using wallpaper (thats a big no no) so im doing the best i can with a small area, but i do love it!!!

After putting the Marching Band Jacket in my shop this week it inspired me to break out my red Bolero ive had it for a few years now and it never fails to create attention (apparently everyone loves it) it creates an energetic pop to any outfit and i simply love the front button its so detailed..when i purchsed it online i asked the lady to put it somewhere i could pick up on the way home...that eventually led to me sneaking around the back of her shop rummaging in boxes trying to find where she had put it and scaring the chinese takeout people next door into thinking i was a Burglar and coming up behind me with a frying pan.. (not kidding here) it was pretty hilarious and darn scary!! last time i do that....

So im going to get outside and enjoy the sunshine while we still have it!! im not going to lie though i love winter...its my kind of season!!! im patiently waiting to break out all my capes and jackets...hurry up!!!

Have a fab weekend im having a pretty quiet one apart from a few cocktails on Saturday night and heading over to the Unwrapped Markets to visit this pretty lady..and snag some goodies too XX

(Wearing: Vintage red Bolaro, Vintage black pencil skirt, Vintage white bow blouse, Tony Bianco pumps, Vintage patent clutch)

17 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

This is my favorite outfit post, Ally! I love, love the Bolaro with the pencil skirt. Perfect combo!

Samantha
http://museuminternmusings.blogspot.com

March 24, 2011 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh my gosh you look perfect. Your hair, your red lip and every piece of this outfit are just stunning!

You seem SO happy lately and it makes me smile every time I read your happy rambles!

PS, i'm on the search for a red vintage skirt... so if you find one please save it for me ;) (haha I know you're not actually my personal shopper but I thought i'd throw it out there anyways xo)

March 24, 2011 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger craigmadephotos said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 24, 2011 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger craigmadephotos said...

+1 fan of the jacket.
Makes me think of Franz Ferdinand and bauhaus.

Well worth a potential frying pan to the head.

That would be a good test of whether you really need to buy something. Ask yourself.. 'Is this worth foraging through boxes in a dark alley and fending off armed vigilantes?'

March 24, 2011 at 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I thought I was the only person using a tripod to take photos, nice to know I'm not. And yes, very sad about Elizabeth Taylor. Read an article recently that stated she had the best shoulders in (old) Hollywood ...

PS Love you skirt!

http://elegantlyacademic.blogspot.com/

March 24, 2011 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Kashen Jewellery said...

Love love looove that jacket, definitely worth fending off armed vigilantes! :)

Very sad about Elizabeth, my godmother used to look just like her when she was younger, same eyes, hair... I have to show you her photos, you will see how close it is!

Thank you for mentioning me :) I shall see you at the market!

Kasia xx

March 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger thomessa said...

You look so stunning! The red lipstick goes so well with this outfit, it makes is really classic! I'm excited to see what your office looks like! :)

March 25, 2011 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Lovely outfit, and I think the location makes your outfit pop! I'm sad about Elizabeth Taylor too...such a legend.

March 25, 2011 at 1:05 AM  
Anonymous Dropstitch said...

Great outfit Ally! It looks rather British and posh but still playful :)

Let me know if you need help with beauty or photography for your look book.

Em x

March 25, 2011 at 5:18 AM  
Blogger Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

You look so beautiful as always. I'm so excited about the lookbook, can't wait to hear more about it!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

March 25, 2011 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger S and O said...

What a stunning jacket!
This color looks great on you :)
xoxo
Olivia

March 25, 2011 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

gorgeous outfit. you look so classy in it...

oh, i really know how you feel about taking pictures in public on your own.
i still feel so unconfident to take pictures in my new back yard. my new neighbours seam to be a little more conservative... and think a girl posing in front of a tripod has to be crazy and vain.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

March 25, 2011 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Looking sharp Lady! Gosh, red is so stunning with your complexion.

March 25, 2011 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Elyse (Give Me Bows) said...

You look so lovely in red! It really really suits you! I am also too shy to take photos outside the comfort of my little wall at home, except if NO ONE is around haha. xxx

March 25, 2011 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I was blog-hopping and I landed on your blog. I love your blouse so much. The vibrant red makes the overall look oh so charming! <3

March 27, 2011 at 5:40 AM  
Blogger Dial V for Vintage said...

Oh my, this outfit is perfect! I love it (and I would totally wear it too!)! :)

March 28, 2011 at 4:13 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Oh this outfit is so beautiful! Very feminime!

March 28, 2011 at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home