<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Take me back...to 1952

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Monday, November 15, 2010

Take me back...to 1952

I was doing my usual flitting through vintage photographers on the internet yesterday (it is an obsession) and came across these photographs by Loomis Dean..Oh..My..Grapejuice!!!! i practically had a heartattack.. i havent seen anything more perfect..and i haven't wanted to step back in time more after seeing these (although im always pretty sure i was born in the wrong era).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Loomis started his career photographing people in the travelling Circus from the 1950's and he then started working for LIFE magazine..these images are of students at the Florida State University in March 1952..yes i would like to have attended this university please..i all of a sudden want to don a glitz bodysuit and fly on a trapeze!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I find images from the old circus performers so fascinating there is so much haunting beauty behind their eyes, from the first tattooed women to the clowns and amazing costumes they would put together..just look at the sequins and ruffles ahhhhh!!! i may be drooling on my keyboard as im typing.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This bodysuit is to die for...zebra sequins!!!!Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
There is honestly so many things i wish we had in our time now that they had in the past..but for now i guess i will continue getting my fix through photographs!!! Heading into summer i am officially on the hunt for a two piece exactly like the second last image, that pattern and cut..she is too perfect for words!!!

Ok im going to stop gushing now and let you drink it all in..
XX

7 Comments:

Blogger kate maggie said...

Oh my goodness! I think you and I should find a time machine and find a way to get back there. Seriously..could it be anymore perfect? That girls suit was what I noticed first thing and I need to find one too! eeep. I love all of these photos, thanks for sharing. x

November 15, 2010 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

aahhh! I want to go there. so much classic beauty in the past <3

xoxo

November 15, 2010 at 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely!

November 16, 2010 at 2:39 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I just finished watching the older HBO series CARNIVALE. Although no trapeze artists there. Beautiful photos. Swooning over the glitter & ruffles too.

November 16, 2010 at 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zebra sequins? OK, I am crying. If you could transport me to the 50's with you - I would be forever grateful :)

Just found your blog & now I am following!
Hope you don't mind ;)

XOXO,
style activist

November 16, 2010 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Mallory said...

i love all of these photos, so beautiful! i adore photo number four :)



mallory
whitwatwear.blogspot.com

November 16, 2010 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger zs closet said...

GReat photos!!xx

www.zscloset.blogspot.com

November 20, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home